WDSN_Header2011


The Seven Kitchen’s Fire
Monday, February 10, 2014
DUBOIS - A fire ravaged a 10 unit apartment building on east Park Avenue in DuBois Saturday.  It began just past noon in unit #134, in the middle of the complex, when the resident unknowingly placed a blanket on a lit candle that was sitting on an end table.  The woman attempted to extinguish the flames and sustained 2nd degree burns to her hand.  A firefighter was also injured when he fell on the ice and struck his face on the road.  Both were taken to the DuBois regional medical center and released.  35 occupants were displaced due to the fire.  The Red Cross was there to assist with relocation efforts.  The building is owned by Scott Blose of DuBois.  A new roof had been built over the previous one, prior to the new owner purchasing the building.  An open area between the roofs allowed the fire to progress and caused difficulties in crews suppressing the fire.
 
 
On Air Now:
Weather Forecast