DuBois, PA – In the weeks after our DuBois area Make-A-Wish campaign wrapped up, people continued to donate for our local kids, pushing our official grand total up by more than an addition $4,400… that’s one extra wish that we weren’t expecting!
Lacy Bair, the Make-A-Wish Greater PA and WV regional director says that altogether in 2020, our DuBois area campaign raised $78,843!
That means that, since the average cost of a wish is $4,400, our area alone was able to provide the funds for 18 kids… 18 entire families… to have a wish that allows a child dealing with a critical illness to forget about the doctor’s appointments and hospital visits and just be a kid.
That is an astounding number, especially since it’s during a pandemic!
Businesses, schools, organizations, and everyday people dug deep and raised a magical amount of money, which will all go toward granting wishes for local kids with critical illnesses.
To everyone who donated, thank you so much!
Listen to the interview with Lacy Bair, Make-A-Wish Greater PA And WV regional director, at the end of the Make-A-Wish campaign in December 2020.
- Benny from Starr Trucking and Day Spa DuBois – $4,510
- VFW Auxiliary – $200
- Kiwanis Club of DuBois – $400
- Sandy Club – $4,400
- Olympic Athletic Club – $11,300
- DuBois Polish Club – $5,400
- Super Sub and Six Pack – $4,400
- Penn State DuBois – $1,600
- Roy’s Floor Show – $500
- Clepper Bus – $1,376.40
- Sykesville Eagles – $4,400
- Oklahoma Elementary – $3,861
- Owens Illinois Plant 76 – $2,100
- Medicine Shoppe – $102
- Wasson Elementary – $2,000
- DuBois Area Middle School – $3868.91
- Stoltz Family Dealerships – $1,000
- Ellis Plumbing and Heating – $100
- DuBois Central Catholic School – $1,745
- Juniata Elementary – $1,634
- Josh and Lou – $102
- CG Johnson Elementary – $3,350.01
- Dave’s Landscaping – $100
- Brockway School District – $4,400
- Priority First Federal Credit Union – $1,100
- Niagara Cutter – $2,300
- Redbank Fireman – $2,000
- Auction – $4,010
- Plus many more donations online and in person!
Total = $74,443.32
Click here to hear more interviews from the 2020 Make A Wish Campaign on Sunny 106.