Kim McDonald: State Farm Insurance presents
Kids in the Community
Kara Miller, Haley Reed, Jay Parekh, Tyler Chamberlin, Noah Farrell, Trey Wingard
Here are some of the things honor society has done in or for the community
- Assembled first aid kits for the Red Cross. Over the course of my time as advisor, we as a group have assembled over 1000 first aid kits for the Red Cross.
- 4 years ago we held penny wars in our school to raise over 1000 to help Jaime’s Dream Team pay for Maddox Hyde’s wish to go back and visit Hawaii.
- We held a t shirt sale this fall to help raise money for our Make A Wish campaign since many of the fundraisers student council normally does were not possible due to COVID regulations
- We had students make cards and Valentines for residents at the nursing homes
- Held a t shirt sale 4 years ago to help raise money for Maddox Hyde and Brock Roy as they battled cancer
- Our honor society students volunteer their time after school to help tutor students in the after school program.
- Many of our members assist with little league, soccer, swim lessons at the YMCA< and the little dribblers (elementary basketball program)
- Some of our members volunteer at Camp Friendship, the Autism Camp, Camp Confidence, and the Challenger League
- Our members have helped area fire halls and clubs with selling Christmas trees and kids’ holiday parties
- Students have volunteered help at Paint and Plays tent during Community Days
- Many of our students have helped at the Dubois Food Pantry
- In past years we were contacted by DuBois Dream team to have our members volunteer at their games with handing out bags, t shirts, pool passes, setting up chairs and tables, and whatever else was needed